Cardinal Rules of Firearms Safety
● Treat all guns as if they were loaded at all times
● Always point the muzzle in a safe direction
● Keep your finger off the trigger and on the frame until you are on target and ready to fire
● Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
Please fully read, understand, and abide by each of the following rules.
1. Eye and Ear protection must be worn at all times in the firing ranges.
2. All Range Staff commands must be followed immediately. When hearing the command, “Cease fire” immediately stop shooting, place the firearm on the bench within your shooting stall with the muzzle pointed downrange and wait for further instruction.
3. Customers are prohibited from removing a firearm from a holster or a case anywhere on Target Time Defense LLC property, with the exception of their assigned shooting stall. Customers are not allowed to handle their firearms outside of the shooting stalls. Customers handling their firearms outside their assigned shooting stall will immediately be asked to leave the property. This rule will be strictly enforced with absolutely no exceptions.
4. If you wish to exit the stall but leave your firearm, the firearm must be left unloaded, pointed downrange with the action locked open.
5. All firearms must be kept pointed downrange when un-holstered or un-cased. FAILURE TO CONTROL MUZZLE DIRECTION WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL FROM THE FIRING RANGE.
6. No food or drink permitted in the firing range bays. Tobacco and vapor products are strictly prohibited anywhere inside the Target Time Defense LLC Firing Range, Retail and Training areas.
7. If you have a malfunctioning firearm or ammunition, place the firearm on the bench with the muzzle pointed downrange before seeking assistance. DO NOT REMOVE THE FIREARM FROM THE SHOOTING STALL UNTIL RANGE STAFF HAS CLEARED THE FIREARM.
8. Patrons under the age of twenty-one (21), but at least sixteen (16) years of age, may shoot if accompanied by a person at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Members with an active military identification shall be exempt from the minimum age requirement of twenty-one (21).
9. No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol is allowed on Target Time Defense LLC property.
10. Tracer, armor piercing and military surplus ammunition is not allowed on the range. Factory loaded ammunition is preferred. Hand loaded ammunition must adhere to manufacturer specifications. Range Staff reserves the right to inspect and prohibit any ammunition they deem as inappropriate for the firing range.
11. Only ammunition purchased from Target Time Defense LLC will be allowed for use in Target Time Defense rental firearms.
12. A maximum of two people may share one firing lane. Only one person may shoot at a time.
13. No one is permitted forward of the firing line for any reason unless under direct authorization from Range Staff. Brass falling forward of the firing line is not allowed to be recovered. Other items, (magazines, ammunition, etc.) that fall forward of the firing line will remain where they fell until Range Staff is able to create a safe condition to retrieve the item(s).
14. Firing at anything other than your own target is prohibited. Firing a shot that results in damage to the range or range equipment may result in a repair fee and your dismissal from the range.
15. Do not hand a loaded firearm to another person. Place the firearm on the shooting bench with the muzzle pointed downrange and allow the other person to pick up the firearm from the bench.
16. Only one loaded firearm per stall is allowed at any time. Multiple firearms are allowed, but firearms not currently in use must be positioned on the shooting stall bench pointed downrange, unloaded with the action open.
17. Use appropriately sized targets, placed at eye level, to ensure that your shots strike the backstop and not the floor, ceiling or target carrier. Range Staff has the right to prohibit any targets they deem unsafe or offensive.
18. Drawing from a holster is prohibited unless with permission from, and under the supervision of a Range Safety Officer or during supervised instruction.
19. The Target Time Defense bullet traps are suitable to contain rounds of various calibers for handguns, shotgun slugs (00 buck only - NO BIRD-SHOT), sub machine guns, and rifles firing jacketed and non-jacketed rounds including slugs and 00 buck pellets. Muzzle velocity should be between 800 and 3600 fps. Energy levels should be less than 13,000 ft. lbs. (the energy level of a .50 BMG) for heavy duty grade. ARMOR PIERCING, TRACER AND OTHER INCENDIARY ROUNDS ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
20. No pistol grip only shotguns, firing from the hip, or multi-projectile ammunition (bird-shot) will be permitted.
21. Target Time Defense LLC does not allow fully automatic firearms except those available for rental at Target Time Defense. Suppressed (“Silenced”) firearms are allowed.
22. Report all violations of range rules to Range Staff.
23. Be sure your firearm is safe to operate and know how to use it safely. Always be sure you are using the correct ammunition for your firearm. Please see Range Staff if you have any questions.
24. Target Time Defense LLC reserves the right to refuse service to any individual who we believe would endanger themselves, other patrons or staff. Any unsafe conduct may result in immediate dismissal from the range.