The Management Team
TJ Nigro - Managing Member
TJ has always been an entrepreneur. He has been involved in only two businesses in his 40 year business career. Both of these businesses have been successful. As his duties at Village Gardens became reduced to managing marketing plans, He began to look for the next opportunity of his entrepreneurial career. He believes He has found that in the Indoor shooting range, firearms and self defense training business. Experience includes:
- Owned operated and managed fast food restaurants (Texas Tom's Drive-Ins)
- Owned operated and managed a retail produce business (Village Gardens)
- Owned operated and managed a retail garden center (Village Gardens)
- Owned operated and managed a landscape contracting business including designing, bidding, installing and collecting residential and commercial projects. (Village Gardens)
- Owned operated and managed a irrigation (lawn sprinkler) contracting business including designing, bidding, installing and collecting residential and commercial projects. (Village Gardens)
- Owned operated and managed a retail florist with 7 retail locations and a 20,000 sq ft design center/warehouse (Village Gardens)
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Village Gardens brand and identity.
- Responsible for all internet technology, web site development, online marketing, email marketing, SEO, CPC, Social Media, viral marketing, technology implementation and maintenance.
Community Involvement / Service:
- Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce - Board Member and Executive Committee
- Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce - Past Chair of the "Buy Blue Springs" buy local program
- Blue Springs Business Association - Board Member
- Blue Springs Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association - Member
- The Rotary Club of Independence - Member, Past Board member, Past Secretary
- The Rotary Club of Independence - Recipient of the "Rotarian of the Year - 2012-13" award
- Independence School District's Youth Friends Program - Mentor
- Blue Springs South Jaguar Football Boosters - Board member / Webmaster
Audrey Vander Linden - General Manager
Audrey has extensive experience in retail management. Throughout her career she has worked in big box, specialty, and luxury retail stores. In each of these she has worked as manager over operations, security, people development, merchandising, sales, and compliance.
Audrey has the following certifications: NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, First Aid/CPR/AED, and B-CON.
She truly enjoys seeing our customers being taken to the next level with our quality products and training.
Nic Heimsoth - Operations Manager of Training & Events
Nic graduated from Lees Summit High School in May of 1998 and joined the United States Navy in June 1998. After 20 years of military service, he retired in June of 2018.
He holds several USN instructor certifications to include: small arms marksmanship, crew served weapons, non-lethal weapons, anti-terrorism training supervisor, and master training specialist.
During his 20-year career, Nic served as a Senior Chief Gunners Mate specializing in major caliber gun and missile systems, small arms, crew served weapons, tactics and employment. He was responsible for training naval forces personnel on marksmanship, weapons employment, weapons tactics, self-defense and Law Enforcement techniques.
Nic led, trained and implemented Naval Visit, Board, Search and Seizure (VBSS) teams that were responsible for enforcing sanctions on Iraq and combating piracy in the Mediterranean Sea, Arabian Gulf and the waters off of the Horn of Africa, as well as training foreign navies and special forces on boarding tactics and employment.
He has visited over 30 countries on 5 continents serving tours in Iraq and Afghanistan including the following ships and commands: USS John S. McCain DDG-56 (Yokosuka, Japan), Naval Training Support Center (Virginia Beach, Virginia), USS San Jacinto CG-56 (Norfolk, Virginia), Naval Recruiting Station Gladstone (Kansas City, Missouri), Role 3 Multinational Medical Unit (Kandahar, Afghanistan), USS Zumwalt (Bath, Maine), USS George H.W. Bush CVN-77 (Norfolk, Virginia).
In addition to his normal duties, Nic has served as a competitive marksman having been selected to the All Navy Rifle and Pistol team, representing the United States Navy at levels of competition to include the inter-service championships and CMP and NRA national championships.
Nic has been awarded the Navy Commendation Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, Expert Rifle and Pistol Medals and various other personal and command achievements.
After his retirement from the Navy, Nic returned to the Kansas City area and now lives in Kearney with his 3 children, Braeden 15, Andrew 13, and Alyssa 8.
Greg Bell - Assistant Manager
Greg has been in the retail firearms business for almost 3 years and has been with with Target Time Defense since our opening in January 2016. Greg has extensive firearms experience, derived from his years of hunting and general love of the outdoors, and infantry training in the USMC. Greg is a part-time, assistant manager at TTD, and a full time Senior Engineering and Communications field auditor with 25 years-experience in wireless communications, and telecommunications management. Greg has extensive experience in large-scale equipment rollouts, national deployments and surveillance security, having managed teams in excess of 300 members. Greg is also a NRA certified RSO, and a member of TTDs training team. Greg believes in employee development and believes it is key in small-business growth.
Greg has had special training in the following: NRA RSO, First Aid/CPR/AED, and B-CON (Bleeding Control and Hemostatic Agents) training.
Greg and his wife Connie are 20-year residents of Blue Springs, MO. Connie is a juvenile officer with the Clay County Sheriff’s Department.